If you are looking for how to get soft feet at home, then there can be two reasons. One that you cannot go to the salon due to lockdown to get that relaxing pedicure. Or you really want to find the best natural ways that are without chemicals to heal cracked and dry feet. Cracked feet are not only painful but also embarrassing. Also, removing the dead skin from your feet is important to prevent hard and cracked heels.
Suppose you want to have supple feet while at home; there can be two main motivations. The first is that you cannot visit the spa due to coronavirus-related restrictions. The second is that you would prefer to use natural techniques without harsh chemicals on your dry, cracked skin. Not only is chapped skin uncomfortable, but it is also embarrassing. Moreover, sloping off dead skin is essential in keeping your feet from becoming leathery and cracked.
Moisturizing your feet every night can instantly transform their appearance. Petroleum jelly moisturizes your feet to soften them. Before going to bed, apply a healthy amount of petroleum jelly all over your feet and then slip into some socks so you don’t mess up your sheets.
What causes hard, dry, and cracked feet?
Many factors contribute to making your feet hard. It is also known as a foot callus. It is caused by frequent friction and pressure against your skin. Typically, if you walk or run in tight shoes, you are more prone to make your feet hard. As a matter of fact, the good news is that they can be treated at home. However, there are some other factors as well that cause dry, rough feet. Being overweight, having high arches, or having naturally flat feet can cause uneven pressure on the feet’ soles. It can also increase the severity of foot calluses. Moreover, because of dead skin can cause corn, and they are normally at the top or between your last two toes. If you don’t treat them, then they can be very painful. So make sure you don’t wear very tight shoes. Also, a widespread problem occurs in many women. It is called cracked heels. It happens when your feet are left un-hydrated and become dry and rigid. In addition, when pressure is put on the feet, and because of the lack of moisture, the skin cannot expand. So it results in cracked heels. It mostly happens if you hydrate your feet regularly or scrub them dry. I’ve been doing this for a long time already. Now I don’t have any signs of cracked heels anymore If petroleum jelly is unavailable, I use any moisturizing lotion or mineral oil, then wrap it with a foot sock overnight, so I woke up in the morning with smooth feet. I also found another post online that might be helpful to your readers.
Wearing heels regularly will definitely make the skin on your feet harder. You could try a foot file, like the ones made by Scholl, to remove the hard skin. I’d also suggest regularly using a foot cream to keep them moisturized.
How to get soft feet?
Now let us discuss some simple yet effective methods to help you make your feet soft and smooth.
To get soft feet, always start by soaking your feet. When you soak them, they soften the skin. So it will be very easy for you to remove the dead skin. Soak your feet in warm water, and then add some very effective ingredients to the hard, dry feet. Furthermore, it helps prepare your skin for exfoliation and open the pores to get hydration.
You can add the following:
• Some Epsom salts as it contains healing properties
• White vinegar because it contains acetic acid. It makes the dead skin easy to remove.
• Lemon juice contains citric acid that helps remove the dead skin cell.
• Honey for a natural moisturizer.
2) Scrub OR Exfoliate
After soaking, your feet will be softer, and removing the dead skin will be very easy now. You have to scrub your feet or exfoliate gently. You can use a pumice stone to exfoliate and remove dead skin cells. Make sure you don’t aggressively scrub the feet. Scrub them gently and keep rubbing the stone until you feel soft skin on your feet. If you feel any pain or swelling, instantly stop scrubbing your feet.
3) Extra Care
You need extra care if there is too much dead skin and cracked skin on your feet. You can easily make a homemade mask to heal cracked and dry skin by providing enough hydration. Some of the natural homemade foot masks are explained below. Honey Foot Mask: Take three tablespoons of honey, rice flour, and apple cider vinegar. Mix them well and apply this mask to your feet. Leave it for 15 minutes and then wash it. Jojoba Oil Foot Mask: Add some drops of jojoba oil and mix it with one tablespoon of oatmeal. Massage this mixture on your feet and leave it for 20 minutes. Rinse it off with normal water. Coconut Oil: Take some coconut oil and start massaging this oil on the feet. Coconut oil is famous for its intense hydration as well as healing properties. Use coconut oil as a foot mask by massaging in this oil on your feet, and wear cotton socks. Leave it overnight, and you will wake up with ultra-soft feet the next day.
4) Seal Moisture
After doing the steps mentioned earlier, it’s time to seal the moisture of your feet by applying hydrating moisturizer or foot cream. Also, now your feet can absorb moisture even more. We recommend that you use special foot creams because they are specifically made according to the skin on your feet.
As you know, hydration is the key to keeping your skin soft and supple. But not only the outer hydration is important but also the inside hydration. Therefore, make sure to drink enough water or hydrating drinks & juices. Also, eat enough water-rich foods such as watermelons or cucumbers. It will also help you greatly to maintain the softness of your skin, not on just feet but the overall body.
2) TAKE CARE OF YOUR FEET
Always try to avoid wearing very tight or ill-fitting shoes because they can cause infections and injuries to your feet. Also, it can be very challenging to heal them in the future. However, just after the above steps, do not start walking barefoot. Also, don’t wear tight shoes or heels instantly. It will counter all your efforts.
3) STAY ALERT
Many diseases on feet start from dry and cracked feet. It can be like fungus, diabetes, psoriasis, etc. So, always stay alert, and if you feel it can be a symptom of any medical condition, then always visit your doctor and get a medical consultation. Best foot creams If you wish to explore some foot creams, we have listed five organic foot creams to save effort.
1) Himalaya Wellness Foot Care Cream This foot cream by Himalaya heals cracked and rough feet. It contains fenugreek, honey, turmeric, and many natural ingredients. Also, it helps to heal skin diseases and to soothe your feet with gentle yet rich nourishment.
2) Vaadi Herbals Foot Cream, Clove, and Sandal Oil This foot cream by Vaadi Herbals is specially designed to soften hard and cracked heels. It contains jojoba oil, cocoa butter, clove oil, and sandalwood extracts. Moreover, it contains thyme herb and helps relieve inflammation or tired muscles of feet.
3) Aroma Magic Foot Cream This foot cream by Aroma Magic is 100% parabens, petrochemicals, artificial coloring, and fragrance-free. It is made of pure organic ingredients. Moreover, it contains coconut oil, Apricot oil, and shea butter. It has a non-greasy formula. This foot cream heals the skin and provides moisturization while giving a youthful smoothness.
4) Kama Ayurveda Foot Cream This foot cream by Kama Ayurveda is 100% organic. It contains sweet almond oil, coconut oil, vitamins A, E, and many natural ingredients. Furthermore, it heals the dry skin of the feet with the help of cocoa and shea butter. Moreover, it also contains essential oil and helps in increasing elasticity. Also, it protects rough and tired feet.
5) Life & Pursuits Organic Foot Crack Cream This foot cream contains natural oils and ayurvedic herbs with zinc oxide. It promotes the repairing of rough, cracked feet and provides intense moisturization. Moreover, it helps in promoting the production of new skin tissues and contains pure, certified organic ingredients